Vegetarian Quiche from @KATNT
One of our favourite bloggers Katrina Nguyen creates a delicious roast veggie quiche that’s sure to be a hit at your next dinner party.
• 2 sheets of pre made shortcrust pastry
• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsp Table of Plenty Spicy Dukkah
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup Pure cream (or coconut cream)
• A punnet of heirloom tomatoes, halved
• 450g of peeled and cubed Kent pumpkin
• Handful of shredded basil
• Salt and pepper (to season)
• 2 tsp of honey
• Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180deg Celsius.
- Defrost shortcrust pastry.
- Spray a loose-based fluted tart tin with olive oil spray and then line with pastry, remembering to prick the base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- As pastry is freezing, roast cubed pumpkin and halved tomatoes using olive oil, Table of Plenty Spicy Dukkah, salt and pepper and honey to season. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160 deg Celsius.
- Remove tart tin from freezer and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk 4 eggs, add cream, Parmesan cheese, shredded basil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Once vegetables have roasted and tart has been baked, remove from oven and arrange vegetable pieces on the base of the pastry case.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over the vegetables. Gently tap the tart tin on your bench to ensure that the liquid mixture is evenly spread.
- Bake for 35-40 minute or until quiche is golden.
- Serve immediately warm with a side of green salad.