Lemon & Herb Dukkah Schnitzel
It’s hard to stay inventive with the family’s mid-week meal, but here’s a creative idea to bring the humble chicken schnitzel back to the table and great for the whole family.
• 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
• 2 eggs
• 100grams Table of Plenty Lemon and Herb Dukkah
• Flavourless cooking oil for frying (sunflower, rice bran etc.)
- Cut chicken breast to the thickness of approx. 1.5cm.
- Prepare two bowls, one with 2 beaten eggs and one with 100g Table of Plenty Lemon & Herb Dukkah.
- Immerse the chicken pieces one at a time in the egg and then roll them in dukkah and place them on a plate ready for cooking.
- Heat around 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan or skillet. Place 2-3 schnitzels into the pan. Allow to fry for 1 minute and then turn. Allow the second side 1 minute and then reduce the flame to medium-low. The schnitzel will need around another 4-5 minutes to cook through depending on thickness.
- Place the cooked schnitzel onto paper towel immediately to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve with a fresh Greek salad