Kefir Sweet Potato Pancakes
Now you can eat pancakes everyday! Hooray! You’re extra lucky if you love sweet potato too because coming your way we have hot stack of Sweet Potato Pancakes!
It’s fun and it’s sweet but the addition of kefir provides the ultimate probiotic kick to your favourite fluffy brekkie. It also has the added bonus of providing a soft, moist crumb to your pancake (not to mention all the extra protein and calcium). So what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favour and eat pancakes!
Product: Natural Live Kefir Probiotic Yoghurt
½ cup mashed sweet potato
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 large egg
1 cup Table of Plenty Natural Kefir
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil + extra for cooking
Segmented orange slices
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together in a bowl until the lumps in the flour are gone.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, sweet potato, kefir, milk, vanilla extract, sugar and olive oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Whisk everything together till it’s just combined.
- Heat a little olive oil in a small frying pan over low medium heat. Pour a quarter cup of batter into the frying pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for approximately 2 minutes or till bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancake and cook for another two minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a plate and keep in a warm oven whilst cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt, toasted walnuts and orange segments and a good drizzle of maple syrup.
Note: The pancakes are cooked over low heat because the sweet potato in the batter makes the pancakes brown very quickly.