Pumpkin and Leek Galette with Blue Cheese Dressing by @feedmechi’s
You can’t go wrong with this Pumpkin and Leek Galette with Blue cheese & Kefir Dressing. Lunch, dinner or snack; this recipe is sure to impress.
½ cup kefir
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp cold water plus extra
½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and sliced into 0.5cm thick wedges
1 leek, finely sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
50g blue cheese
3 tbsp Table of Plenty Natural Kefir
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
Egg wash - add a teaspoon or two of water to one egg and whisk together
- Make the dressing at least a few hours before serving to allow it to thicken up in the fridge
- To make the dressing, place the blue cheese, kefir, olive oil and honey in a mini food processor. If the dressing appears too thick, add one tablespoon of kefir at a time to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (conventional) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay out the slices of pumpkin in a single layer (you may need two baking trays) and drizzle two tablespoons of butter over the slices. Season lightly with salt and bake the pumpkin slices for 15-20 minutes or till they soften. Set aside to cool.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté till the leek has softened.
- Prepare the galette dough by placing the flour and salt in a food processor. Tear the butter into small chunks and distribute it over the flour. Process the flour and butter together before adding the kefir. Process till the kefir is evenly distributed. Add one tablespoon of water and process till a dough just forms. If the dough seems a bit too crumbly, add an extra tablespoon of water. Don’t over process the dough as it will make the dough tough.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of cling film and flatten it into a disc before wrapping it up. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to assemble the galettes, preheat the oven to 210 degrees celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Divide the dough in two. Take one piece of dough and place it on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a round piece, 3mm thick.
- Place the piece of dough on one of the baking trays. Lay half the pumpkin slices on the dough, leaving a 1.5cm border around. Scatter half the leek over the pumpkin. Fold the border of the dough in and pleat to cover the edges of the filling. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Brush the border with egg wash.
- Repeat with the other piece of dough and the rest of the filling.
- Bake one galette at a time. Place the baking tray on the middle rack and bake for 25-30 minutes or till the pastry is golden brown.
- To serve, slice the galettes and drizzle the blue cheese dressing on top.