DIY Falafel Pita Pockets with Kefir Hummus & Kefir Tzatziki
1. 2 bags falafels
2. ½ cup pickled cabbage
3. 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
4. ¼ cup Table of Plenty Dukkah (Classic)
5. 1 small bunch parsley
6. 1 jar baby pickles
7. 2 packets of pita of choice
1. ⅓ cup quinoa, cooked
2. 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
3. ¼ cup lemon juice
4. 4 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
5. ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
6. 3 green onions, finely diced
7. ¼ cup olive oil
Garlic Kefir Tzatziki Dressing Ingredients:
1. 1 cup Greek yoghurt
2. ½ cup Table of Plenty Kefir (Natural or Lactose Free)
3. 1 small cucumber, chopped finely
4. 1 TBSP dill
5. 1 medium clove garlic, minced
Kefir Hummus Ingredients:
1. 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2. ½ TSP baking soda
3. ⅓ cup lemon juice
4. 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
5. ¼ cup tahini
6. ½ cup Table of Plenty Kefir (Natural or Lactose free)
7. 1 TSP salt
8. 2 TBSP olive oil
9. ½ TSP paprika
10. ¼ TSP tabasco sauce
11. 3 TBSP ice water
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside ready to assemble the DIY platter.
2. Combine the Greek yoghurt, Kefir, garlic, cucumber and dill in a bowl. Ensure all ingredients are well combined.
3. Place the chickpeas in a saucepan and add the baking soda. Fill the saucepan with water until it is sitting at least ½ way in the pot and bring to the boil.
4. Boil for 15 minutes, untilt he chickpeas are soft and tender.
5. Drain and rinse chickpeas under cool water and set aside.
8. In a food processor, blitz together the garlic, lemon juice and salt until the garlic is very finely chopped.
9. Add in the kefir, tahini, salt and paprika until well combined.
10. Whilst keeping the food processor on low speed, drizzle in the ice water and blend until the mixture is creamy.
11. Add in the chickpeas and process on medium speed, whilst drizzling in the olive oil. Process until super creamy and well combined.
12. Place hummus into a dish and drizzle with olive oil, topping with a sprinkle of paprika.
To assemble platter:
13. Warm up the falafels either in the oven or microwave until warm to touch and golden/crispy.
14. Randomly place ingredients onto a large serving board, allowing guests to create their perfect DIY pita pockets with our favourite Kefir dips!