Vegetable & Falafel Slice with Kefir Hummus and Kefir Tzatziki Dressing
1. 2 x packets dry falafel mix
2. ½ sweet potato, grated
3. ¼ pumpkin, grated
4. 2 x zucchini, grated
5. ½ onion, finely chopped
6. 2 TBSP olive oil
1. ¾ sweet potato, cubed
2. ½ pumpkin, cubed
3. 2 cups rocket
4. 1 pomegranate, seeded
5. ½ cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds, roasted
Garlic Kefir Tzatziki Dressing:
1. 1 cup Greek yoghurt
2. ½ cup Table of Plenty Kefir (Natural or Lactose Free)
3. 1 small cucumber, chopped finely
4. 1 TBSP dill
5. 1 medium clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced).
2. Line a square tin (approx 20cm x 20cm) with parchment paper. Make sure to cover the sides. Lightly spray the parchment paper with olive oil spray.
3. Prepare falafel mix as per back of the packet.
4. Add in the grated and chopped vegetables and mix until well combined.
5. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the falafel vegetable mix to the baking dish, ensuring the top of the slice is level. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool.
9. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
10. Place the cubed vegetables onto the tray and drizzle with olive oil.
11. Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let cool.
13. Combine the Greek yoghurt, Kefir, garlic, cucumber and dill in a bowl. Ensure all ingredients are well combined.
To prepare falafel slice:
14. Place falafel slice onto a serving tray.
15. Top with Kefir hummus, ensuring the whole surface of the top of the slice is generously covered.
16. Place the rocket over the top of the slice.
17. Sprinkle the vegetables, pomegranate and seeds over the top.
18. Drizzle with Kefir Tzatziki.
19. Serve and enjoy!