Tempeh Bowl with Asian Black Sesame Seed Salad Sprinkles
100 Tempeh, sliced into 2-3 strips
2 tbsp coconut amino or 1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained well
1/2 cup water or veggie stock
6 stems Broccolini or any green veggies of choice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp Hemp oil
1 Fresh tomato, sliced
2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp cooking oil
1/2 Avocado, diced
1 tsp hemp seeds
Table of Plenty Asian Black Sesame Seed Salad Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 170C. Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa: add to saucepan quinoa and water/veggie stock, put a lid on and bring to boil on medium heat. Once boiling turn to the lowest heat and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- For the Smoky, Tempeh combine coconut amino/soy sauce and smoked paprika in a bowl, then add in the tempeh and make sure both sides are well coated with the marinade. Let marinate for 5 minutes and bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins, flip halfway.
- On a frying pan on medium heat add 1 tsp oil, then pan-fry tomato slices until golden brown on both sides. Turn off heat and drizzle over some balsamic vinegar.
- Steam broccolini, then drizzle on Hemp oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the bowl, start with quinoa as the base, then layer on veggies, tempeh and garnish with Table of Plenty Asian Black Sesame Seed Salad Sprinkles.
Yummy recipe by @nourishandflourishsyd