Dukkah Spiced Roasted Cauliflower Pumpkin Salad by @pursuitofhealth
Look at this feast for the eyes! During these cold winter nights try making this warm roasted cauliflower pumpkin salad. Spiced to perfection with Macadamia Dukkah which gives it a smooth and creamy flavour. It is a comforting and nourishing meal any day of the week. Make it ahead of time if you’re having friends and family over for dinner so you can enjoy more precious time together. It’s so quick and easy to prepare too which makes it great for school or work lunches.
Product: Macadamia Dukkah
2 red onions, cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil
45g Macadamia Nut Dukkah
1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tin (400g) of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 butternut pumpkin, diced
2 handfuls of baby spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a pot, boil the pumpkin until almost completely cooked.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add 3/4 of the Dukkah to the onions and cook until fragrant.
- Combine the cauliflower, pumpkin, onion and rest of the olive oil in a large oven safe dish and add the rest of the dukkah. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes before adding the chickpeas to the mix.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the spinach, lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce and mix well.
- Season to taste and add extra olive oil if required.
Perfect on its own or as a side salad!