Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Squares @madeleine_lumley
When you’re craving something sweet and you’re faced with pantry staples, these peanut butter crispy rice squares are perfect to satisfy your stomach and your wallet. Crunchy, moreish & perfect to make to satisfy the whole family with creamy chocolate and a crunchy, peanut base.
• 2 cups of rice cereal or rice puffs
• 1.5 cups of Table of Plenty Crunchy Fruit Free Nutty Muesli
• 1 tsp vanilla powder/extract
• 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1/3 cup natural peanut/almond butter
• 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the rice cereal, Table of Plenty Crunchy Fruit Free Nutty muesli, chia seeds, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Combine the rice malt syrup and peanut butter in a small pot.
- With the heat on low, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes runny, pour the wet mix into the dry and combine.
- Pour into a lined pan and using the back of a spoon, press out the mixture and push down firmly and evenly.
- Last of all; melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring constantly until fully melted.
- Pour over the crispy rice mixture, smooth down with a spoon and pop into the fridge until firm (about an hour).
- Once the chocolate has set, slice the squares up and enjoy!