Carrot Cake By @liveatflo
This Paleo Grain Fee Carrot Cake is proof that delicious and decadent desserts can be healthy. With minimal sugar but maximum taste, this recipe is a must try.
1 1/4 cups coconut flour, sifted
4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
7 large eggs room temp
1 cup organic coconut sugar
1/2 cup @purecocobella yogurt
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 Cups carrot, grated and lightly packed
½ cup chopped walnuts, extra for garnish
1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
400ML can of refrigerated coconut cream
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
– Preheat oven 180 degrees and line 8 inch cake pan with bake paper.
– In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, salt and nutmeg.
– Mix eggs, sweetener, yoghurt and vanilla until well combined using the food processor or hand mixer. Stir in the coconut flour mixture until combined.
– Gently fold in the carrots, walnuts and coconut flakes, the batter will be thick
– Spread the batter out smoothly and bake until the sides are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
– Place the coconut cream and coconut sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk for 1–2 minutes until fluffy
– Spread frosting all over cooled cake
– Garnish with walnuts and @tableofplenty new dukkah sweet sprinkles.