Apple and Sesame Museli Bars by @enrichnutrition
Make your week a little easier with @enrichnutrition Pink Lady Apple Muesli Homemade Muesli Bars. A quick and easy meal prep recipe perfectly suited for a lunch box treat
1.5 C natural pink lady apple & almond museli
1 C rolled oats
1 C pitted dates, soaked in boiling water
1 tbsp of the water from the dates
2 tbsp macadamia oil
2 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. First, soak the dates in boiling water and set aside for five or so minutes
2. Add the museli and oats into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until slightly broken down- there should still be whole oats, but some smaller pieces.
3. Pour the oat mixture into a large bowl and add sesame seeds.
4. Take 1 tbsp of water from the soaked dates and add it to the empty food processor.
5. Drain the dates and combine with macadamia oil and tahini, and process until a thick paste forms.
6. Add the date paste into the oat mixture and combine well until the oats are sticky and evenly coated.
7. Line a brownie tin with cling wrap, spoon in the mixture and firmly press it down. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it is firm.
8. Once set, use the cling wrap to pull the museli bars out of the tin. Cut into 8 pieces.
( If baking them, place on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes until golden and allow to cook completely. If enjoying them raw, store in the fridge.)